Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Past Week and Easter Weekend

I don't think I have posted anything since last Tuesday so I figured that I would catch up on this.

Wednesday the 8th of April was a hard training day. After work I did my standard routine of abdominal work, kettlebell and bag swings. I did not do the deadlifts. I decided to save those for the deadlifts for the gym. I ran 3 miles to the gym and did my deadlifts, 3 sets of 25 reps and 1 set of 30 reps with 165 lbs. Then I took off from the gym, they got upset because I was deadlifing barefoot. hahha!! Power to Me. I ran another 11 or so miles before I went home. This workout I did took about 4 hours, I used to handhelds worth of water and 1 gel Needless to say, I was pretty well jacked up from this.

Thursday the 9th of April I did my ab routine and some kettlebell swings but not too much. I also ran 10 miles. So for the week I only ended up with about 30 something miles, but hey I was satisfied.

Friday the 10th of April I did not do any workout whatsoever. I did manage to make it to Hooters for some beers after work though. Funny how its so easy to drink a few beers, but it's so hard to find the courage, time, etc.. to hit your workouts.

Saturday the 11th of April: Taxes. You can thank me for doing my part. I paid in $19,500 worth of taxes this year. The 43% of filers who actually pay no tax can also thank me for supporting our deficit ladened government.
In the afternoon I went back home to Yoakum, Texas for the Easter weekend. I picked up my nephew who is now 15yrs old and showed him how to workout with kettlebells. He is a pretty tough kid. We were doing farmers walk, swings, floor presses, standing presses. Good time.

Sunday, no workout but ended up eating pork chops at my sisters for lunch. She is a great cook!
Also shot the .22 with my nephew.

Monday the 13th of April was a pretty good day.
Did 5 miles this morning with the Ladies.

At lunch I did a little bit of kettlebells:
2 sets 40Rn swings each arm with the 24kg bells
1 set 10R swings each arm with the 32kg bells
1 set 25 R deadlifts with 165lbs
2 sets of bag swings 10 each directions with 36 lbs bag.

Had to go back home after work to pick up my dog. She ran off Sunday while we were target shooting a .22 caliber rifle with my nephew.
Once I got home, at about 8PM I went out for 8 miles. It was a great run, pretty fast with no water bottles. Legs felt great.

1 comment:

Ryan V. said...

Dude, shoot me an e-mail. We need to hook up in Austin for the Shiner ride. Also, next time you're in Fort Worth, give me a holler.