Monday, April 6, 2009

A New Week, A Good Start

I haven't posted in almost a week but I have not been too terribly lazy.

Last Wed I did my home gym workout. I was so sore and jacked up I didn't do anything last Thursday.

On Friday, I went to Bandera after work and put in an 11 mile loop. The same loop as the week prior. I was able to run all the hills and didn't feel near as bad as the last time I ran the same route. So, I must be making progress. This run was about half-night run with the headlamp. I didn't check my light before I got there and it wasnt working, but thankfully I had a spare.

On Saturday, I did a 10 mile loop out at Government Canyon with my friend Erin from the Schertz Ladies Running club. It went well. It was her first trail run and she did fall once but it was not bad. I was worried the whole time that something like that was going to happen, but we got luckey.

On Sunday I chilled out. Drank a few beers at Hooters and then went to my buddies house and grilled some fajitas and sausages. After the food and some beers I played some baseball with his two boys. They are the coolest dudes. haha. Later I went home and finised my 3rd book on my Kindle from Amazon. It was called The Post-American World by Fareed Zakaria. It was actually a good book. I need to finish two other books I started back in December. The First World War by John Keegan and How the Scots Invented the Modern World by Arthur Herman. I will be working on these this week.

I ended up with 45 miles last week. I want to pick up maybe 20 to 30 more miles this week. We will see.

Today I did my weight workout in the garage. I did 4 sets but split them up into two workouts because I had to pick up a tiller so I could till up my garden. The garden is 16'X16'. It's not too big but that is okay. I am thinking of going another 16' to make it 16'X32'. Who knows. I will be planting tomorrow. I have some corn, radishes, tomatoes, squash, onions, carrots, squash, okra, cucumbers, peas, green beans, cauliflower and lettuce.

Here was todays workout.

4Sx20R Deadlifts @ 165lbs
4Sx15R Kettlebell swings with 54lbs
4SX5R Janda situps
4Sx10R of russian twists with the barbell and 20lbs of weight on the end.
4Sx10R ab wheel rolls from a kneeling position.
4Sx10R @ 65lbs on arm deadlifts with long bar
4SX20R Indian Club swings with 8lbs clubs, Persian Style.
4Sx5R @ 54lbs one arm kettlebell presses.

Thats it for today. Have a great day, week, etc....

Hit your workouts with all you got today, one day you will not have it anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its so nice to live for today! have fun pumping iron....cheers naresh