Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Aug 4 Running

It has been awhile since my last post, like two months or so. Since then I have completed 1 100 miler and DNF'ed at anohter at 75 miles. I was a little depressed after the DNF but it only lasted about a week. I have been working on a training plan for my next hundred miler the Cactus Rose 100 in Bandera. Also a friend of mine has talked me into doing the MS150 bike to the beach from San Antonio to Corpus Christi. Its a two day event, and I am thinking of taking the following monday off to ride back to San Antonio. Who knows.

I went for two seperate runs yesterday, one at 0530 for 6 miles with my friend Bill Conway up here in Southlake. Then at 1730 i went for 9.5 miles it was 102 degrees. Crap that is hot. I took two electrolytes before I left but forgot to bring anymore with me. It took me about 1 hour and 40 minutes to run the distance down the side of 170 to 114 in Southlake Texas. The grass was about 4 to 6 inches high which really sucked also. But, now the inside of my left knee is hurting, so maybe I will have to take some time off. Who knows?

This afternoon its off to the gym and I have to spend about 1 hour practicing my kung fu material because I am supposed to test for green belt this coming Tuesday. Hopefully all goes well.

No comments: