Sunday, August 24, 2008

August 24

Well this week wasn't too bad. I had a few successes this week, both in the gym, at the dojo, and on the road.

I went to kung fu on Tuesday and Thursday just like I should have. Hit the tread mill at the gym on those days, 15% incline for 30 minutes with a 3.5 to 4 mile pace. On wednesday I hit the weights pretty hard. I want to start putting some focus on my hamstrings. I did let curls, stiff legged deadlifts, and lunge squats. Also did leg extentions and bench press (45lbs 4 sets 20,dumbell).

All my weight sets will be in sets of 4 for reps. I see a 100 mile run as 4 marathons (25 not 26.2)
you can break it up in 4 parts. I will train like that. I may move to 10 sets of 10 reps in the future but maybe make it 20 reps. This is called German Volume training. either way, I need to put some time into the hamstrings. This week was a success.

I did however drink a bunch of beers Friday night, maybe 6 or so. I went to bed early because on Sat. I had a 9 mile run with the ladies out at Randolf air base. That 9 miles sucked, it was boring. I ran with my 3 litre camelback and it was heavy. The ladies took of in the car after we were done, I just kept on running. I put in about 21 miles on Sat. The bad thing is that I went up to Hooters that afternoon and drank about 12 beers.

On Sunday, I went for a run, about 11.5 miles, it was slow prob because I had way to much alcohol in my bloodstream, and I was a little oxygen deficient.

The fact remains that, at least, I went out and got some miles in. I am on nights this week at work, but I plan on starting Day 1 on my workout plan I have made for myself. Cactus Rose 100 is 9 weeks away and I want to run sub 24, I got some work to do between now and then. No more beer for me! Dammit.

Until next time, later!

Johnt

No comments: