Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fun and Running

The past weekend started off good. I left for Bandera about 3 PM after I woke up from working the night shift.

I made it out there about 4PM and was getting set up to go for a little run and Joe and Mike showed up. I left out for a 8 mile run or so and ran all of the hills. It was a little tough but not bad.
Then later that evening, a freakin cold front blew in. Wind was howling like crazy. I was not ready for that crap at all. Ended up sleeping in my truck on the front seat.

I lay there all night thinking, screw this I should just take off. I don't want to run in this wind in the morning. It's going to be freakin cold. And cold it was in the morning. We left for our run in the morning. Alot of folks with Rogue training. The loop was an 11 mile loop with lots of hills. I ran all the hills, but got my arse kicked. I didn't take any gels and had just my two handhelds. I was having some issues with my blood sugar. I think it could have been because of the beer the night before. I only ended up doing 1 loop, but oh well. That was all I could put in on Saturday.

I left about 3 PM and came back to San Antonio. My buddy Rick came down from Ft. Worth and we went to Hooters. The B Team was working so we were unimpressed. We watched a bunch of the Pavel Training videos and then decided that we should go to the country bar called Cowboy's Dancehall. I know now why I quit going there. Too smokey, too dark and it just wansnt really much fun.

On Sunday we took off heading to Ft. Worth. Stopped in Lockhart for BBQ at Black's. They have the best sasuage in the whole state. When we got to DFW we met up with one of my co-workers at Bone Daddy's in Grapevine. I kicked back way to many brewskies, but the views were exceptional.

On Monday I had a class at one of our switching offices in Arlington and got to see the new Cowboy's staduim. Holy Crap that thing is huge. Jerry's big glory hole. Thats what they call it. I hope the Boys can do something this year.

Monday night we drove back, Harold and I from DFW back to San Antonio. I went out for a run about 845 last night and did about 14 miles. It went pretty good and I only took my two handhelds.

No kettlebells but I will try to work some in tonight!


Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun start for your Hardrock, keep it going...


Mark said...

The B team as opposed to the double "D" team? :-)