Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Workout Worth Blogging About

Wholly Shitcakes!

I have been mentioning about this combat conditioning book I bought by Matt Furey.

You see, lately, I have not been motivated to go to the gym or to run! I like both, sure, but I just felt there was something missing.

I finally decided to listen to what this dude Matt Furey had to say and incorporated some of his recommended exercies into my run.

It was an 8 mile run, which is not too long, but here is the break out:

Mile 1, 50 lunges
Mile 2, 25 hindu squats
Mile 2.5, 50 yards of bear crawls uphill.
Mile 3, 10 hindu pushups, 15 yards of duck walking.
Mile 4, 30 seconds of Pleasent Valleys (seated, riding bicycle, pick cherries with hands)
1 minute of leg holds at 45 degrees
1 minute of torso holds at 45 degrees
Mile 4.5 50 lunges uphill.
Mile 5.5 50 yards of bear crawls uphill.
Mile 6, 50 hindu squats.
Mile 7, 50 lunges.
Mile 7.5 till finish, race walk.

Dammit man I feel like I got the shit kick outta me. Legs are in a real bind.
This is kinda weak, but my first time. I will go for more next time.

Give this workout a shot and let me know how you like it.

2 comments:

murali said...

oh man, this looks hardcore! what are hindu squats and pushups?

Mark said...

Dammit man, I'm tired just reading about it. You do some hard core workouts!!!